Friday, July 20, 2012

Y-Peeler Review

 
 
I had the opportunity to try the Y-Peeler from Slice Products.  Slice Products makes innovative tools for your home. They make a range of products from kitchen tools such as a grater, and other household items such as box cutters and scissors. Their products are made from a variety of innovative materials, like ceramic blades instead of stainless steel. They have a wide variety of useful items for your home. You can find a full list and buy their products at: http://www.sliceproducts.com/all-products . A portion of sales made goes to Autism research.

I tried the Y-Peeler, which is a multi-use peeler for fruits, veggies, and other foods. The blade of the peeler is ceramic, therefor it will never rust. I enjoyed the fact that the design of the peeler made it very lightweight and it fit right in my hand. It was very easy to use and comfortable. The blade was surprisingly sharp! I expected it to be dull or require more work to peel my potatoes, but it actually seemed to be sharper than my previous peeler that had a steel blade. The peeler was very efficient and peeled my potatoes very easily and quickly. I never thought I might slip and cut myself because of the size and fit of the handle in my hand. I was very much in control. I also used this peeler on raw tomatoes. I was preparing them for sauce and decided to test the peeler on removing tomato skin, which is thin and can be very difficult to remove. The peeler worked quite well! It took off rather large sections of skin at a time and did not remove much "flesh" from the tomato. 

Overall, the Y-Peeler is an easy to use and comfortable piece of kitchen equipment that will be used frequently. I would definitely recommend it.

*Disclaimer: I received a free product as part of this review. I will receive no compensation for this. All opinions expressed are my own and are not influenced.

No comments:

Post a Comment